FORMULA 1 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX :: October 19 - 21, 2018
ACCESSIBILITY AT THE FORMULA 1 USGP
Please utilize the below information to plan and prepare for an excellent 2018 Formula 1 Pirelli United States Grand Prix experience.
Providing a world class experience to all is paramount to Circuit of the Americas. We recognize the diverse needs of thousands of our guests and are here to support the experience, by providing a range of accommodations not only to provide comfortable access, but to ensure all our guests create wonderful memories to last a lifetime.
Circuit of the Americas is an accessible, but large, venue. Guests should be prepared for long distances and anticipate using our transportation network for additional mobility support. We encourage all guests to dress for success: we suggest comfortable shoes, clothing, hat, and whatever supportive devices you may need.
For guests who find the distances challenging, we have numerous seats and picnic tables located around the circuit to take a break. They can be accessed easily by those persons using walking aids such as crutches, sticks or walkers. This event will be particularly busy, and guests may want to bring fold up chairs or alternatives to mobility just in case. Please note: personal chairs will not be permitted in the reserved seating areas.
If there are any questions or requests throughout your planning process that these pages cannot answer, please contact a service representative, and we will do our best to assist you.
For questions before the event weekend, the COTA Guest Services team overseeing ADA operations can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-301-6600, extension 0.
For assistance during the event weekend, please alert a nearby staff member, visit an orange Guest Services tent, or text “COTA” to 69050 followed by the message.
Circuit of The Americas follows the 2010 ADA guidelines regarding the sale of accessible seating. Patrons who require special seating accommodations using ramps to access ADA platform seating must request them at the time of purchase. ADA platform tickets are able to be purchased directly through Ticketmaster over the phone at 1-800-745-3000, online on Ticketmaster's website, or at the COTA box offices. Pre-purchase is suggested.
We have various accessible options for ticketing: ADA platform, reserved grandstand, General Admission (GA). Feel free to give a service representative a call to find the best ticketing solution at 512-301-6600, ext. 0.
Online: Request tickets by clicking on the Request Accessible Tickets button in the top-right corner of the "Search for Tickets" box.
The site is spread over 1500 acres some of which are fields and grassed areas. There are some hard-standing and tarmac areas together with stone paths and the site can be quite difficult to maneuver. The weather can have a massive impact on how easy it is for people to move around the site so please take this into consideration when deciding on what equipment to bring with you.
GENERAL ADMISSION VIEWING AREAS
There are various hills and berms available for General Admission (GA) viewing for all GA guests. Most locations have access to our jumbotrons, paved paths to place wheeled devices or chairs, and/or have high levels of reverberation. We suggest checking out some of the locations below based on their qualities.
- Turn 1 Hill: Excellent viewing for Opening Ceremonies and Turn 1 apex. This berm has wonderful views of the full circuit, but get there early! There are no paved areas at this viewing spot. This space is loud, but does not have the same reverberation as some of the other GA areas; it may be ideal for those with noise sensitivity. Take the shuttle to Turn 1 stop and enter at Gate 1.
- The “Esses”: Stellar views of the famous, snake-like “esses”. This viewing stretches from Turn 3 Pedestrian Bridge through Skybox at Turn 6. There is quite a bit of paved path at the top of the berm for wheeled devices and chairs with occasional picnic tables. There are several jumbotrons and excellent reverberation from the vehicles on track! There is no shuttle stop at Gate 3, but this location is accessible via the Pedestrian Bridges from Grand Plaza or Gate 6.
- Turn 11: This berm is a primo spot to watch drivers take on our hairpin turn at the opposite end of the track. Turn 11 has clear viewing of the action and jumbotron with incredible engine reverb. This area is trickier to traverse, but well worth the view. We suggest taking the shuttle to the Lot L spot and entering at Gate 11 to access this point.
- Turns 18-19 in Grand Plaza: This stretch is close to fan activities with a great view of the drivers out of the horseshoe and Turns 12-17. There is some reverberation here, but it is comfortable for those in earmuffs. Take the shuttle to Grand Plaza stop and enter at Grand Plaza gates.
All our grandstands have various accessibility features. For reserved seating purchases, visit the Ticketing section for purchasing information.
- Main Grandstand: This reserved seating grandstand has stair, ramp, and elevator access; standard-sized individual seats with backs; and wheeled device reserved spaces, tickets for which are available by requesting “Accessible Tickets”. This grandstand has a great view of the starting grid, has some shade, and excessive reverberation not to be underestimated. Take the shuttle to Main Grandstand stop and enter at Main Grandstand gates.
- Turn 1 Grandstand: This reserved seating grandstand has only stair access and standard-sized individual seats. This grandstand has a great view of the entire circuit, including the starting grid, and minimal reverberation. Take the shuttle to Turn 1 stop and enter at Gate 1.
- Turn 4 Bleacher Grandstand: This reserved bleacher grandstand has only stair access and assigned bleacher seats. This grandstand has a great view of the “esses”, minimal reverberation, and is centrally located. There is no shuttle stop at Gate 3, but this location is accessible via the Pedestrian Bridges from Grand Plaza or Gate 6.
- Turn 9 Bleacher Grandstand: This reserved bleacher grandstand has stair and ramp access; assigned bleacher seats; and wheeled device reserved spaces on the ADA platform, tickets for which are available by requesting “Accessible Tickets”. This grandstand has a great view of the back side’s track action, Super Stage, direct jumbotrons, and has minimal reverberation. Take the shuttle to Gate 6 stop and enter at Gate 6 for wheeled device ease. The grandstand is also accessible via Gate 11 and Lot L shuttle stop and gate.
- Turn 12 Bleacher Grandstand: This reserved bleacher grandstand has stair and ramp access; assigned bleacher seats; and wheeled device reserved spaces on the ADA platform, tickets for which are available by requesting “Accessible Tickets”. This grandstand has a great view of Turns 12-15, direct jumbotrons, has minimal reverberation, and has quick access to Super Stage load-in and Grand Plaza activities. Take the shuttle to the Grand Plaza stop and enter at Grand Plaza.
- Turn 15 Grandstand: This reserved seating grandstand has stair and ramp access; standard-sized individual seats with backs; and wheeled device reserved spaces on the ADA platform, tickets for which are available by requesting “Accessible Tickets”. This grandstand has a great view of Turns 12-15, direct jumbotrons, has excellent reverberation (especially nearer to the track), and has quick access to Super Stage load-in and Grand Plaza activities. Take the shuttle to the Grand Plaza stop and enter at Grand Plaza.
Circuit of the Americas has elevators and ramps throughout the facility to permit easy access throughout the venue. Elevators are located in the following locations:
- West end of the Main Grandstand
- Pedestrian Bridge at Turn 3
- Pedestrian Bridge at Turn 16 near the Support Paddock
- Premium hospitality (ramps)
- COTA Club & Owner’s Club
Permanent restroom facilities with accessible restrooms are located in the following locations:
- Grand Plaza (Behind Grandstand 15 and in the amphitheater bowl)
- Main Grandstand
- Turn 1
Family restrooms are located in the following locations and are equipped with changing tables and electrical outlets:
- Behind the Turn 15 Grandstand in the Grand Plaza
- Main Grandstand (First and Second levels)
During events, there are also ADA-accessible port-a-potties throughout the facility. Event maps and Guest Services tents can direct you to the nearest accessible permanent or temporary restrooms.
Should you require one, private, family restrooms are located in the following locations and equipped with changing tables and electrical outlets.
- Behind the Turn 15 Grandstand in the Grand Plaza
- Main Grandstand (First and Second levels)
FIRST AID & MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Qualified staff and facilities are available throughout the facility for First Aid assistance. If you need First Aid assistance, visit your nearest First Aid location. For Emergency services, notify the nearest staff member, visit the nearest First Aid location, or text COTA to 69050 with your location and situation.
Event maps and Guest Services locations can locate nearby First Aid locations.
Circuit of the Americas will provide interpretation services for both Super Stage performances on House left (on the left if you are looking at the stage).
LOST & FOUND
Found items are collected at Guest Services locations or at hospitality concierge desks. If you have lost an item, check with one of these locations who can reach out to other Guest Services tents in a concerted effort to reunite you with your belongings.
At the end of each day, items are consolidated and can be picked up at Grand Plaza Guest Services. After the event, call a service representative at 512-301-6600, ext. 0, to check on lost items.
All bags, purses, backpacks and persons are subject to screening by security personnel. Fans entering the venue should prepare accordingly. Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items to them when such items are left at the venue entrances. Patrons are encouraged to leave all banned items at home or in their vehicles before entering the venue. Individuals who deliberately attempt to bring banned items through security checkpoints are subject to removal from the facility.
This event will be particularly busy, and guests may want to bring fold up chairs or alternatives to mobility just in case. Please note: personal chairs will not be permitted in the grandstands.
Qualified mobility scooters are permitted on venue grounds; for information on possible charging stations or clarification of venue policy please call: 512-301-6600, ext. 0.
All bags, purses and backpacks must not exceed 12x12x20 inches, and are subject to screening by security personnel. Guests entering the venue should prepare accordingly to ease entry.
All security measures are subject to change without notice. Please view a comprehensive list of permitted and prohibited items here.
Documented and uniformed service animals are permitted and admitted into Circuit of The Americas. Each service animal must remain with its owner and be restrained. If any service animals interfere with other guests, corrective action may include seating rearrangements or removal of the service animal from the facility.
Service animals must have proper documentation, and COTA may ask for proof of documentation at any time.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
Below are details to provide full venue mobility and ease for all. Qualified mobility scooters are permitted on venue grounds; for information on possible charging stations or clarification of venue policy please call: 512-301-6600, ext. 0.
Circuit of The Americas has ADA parking available for guests with disabilities who have a state-issued disabled license plate or placard. ADA parking must be requested at the time of purchase over the phone at 512-655-6300 or online at Ticketmaster's website.
To order online, request tickets by clicking on the Request Accessible Tickets button in the top-right corner of the "Search for Tickets" box.
A valid, appropriate disabled placard or license plate is required to park in a space identified as reserved for persons with disabilities. The individual, whose name is registered with the ADA parking hang-tag or license, must be in the vehicle and identification is required.
Parking is not allowed in any access aisles. Management reserves the right to take appropriate action regarding misrepresentation of parking privileges which may include ticketing and towing cars at owner's expense, reporting of misuse of handicapped plate/tag to Texas Motor Vehicle for possible revocation of parking privileges, and/or criminal charges.
COURTESY CART PARKING SUPPORT
Circuit of the Americas is happy to provide additional customer assistance, free of charge, from our non-ADA placard lots. Golf carts are assigned to our larger parking lots to bring guests from far away COTA parking spaces to the nearest gate or shuttle stop. Courtesy carts are not permitted inside the gates and pay line, which includes the Support Paddock and Tunnel Road. Carts drop patrons off at the nearest entry gate or shuttle stop for ease of entry and to utilize our completely ADA accessible internal shuttle route.
Suggested shuttle stops for each lot. These suggestions are based on where courtesy carts will take you.
- Lot A: Main Grandstand
- Lot B: Grand Plaza
- Lot C: Grand Plaza
- Lot D: Grand Plaza
- Lot E: Tunnel 2 or Grand Plaza
- Lot F: Grand Plaza
- Lot H: Tunnel 2
- Lot K: Tunnel 2 or Lot L
- Lot L: Lot L
- Lot M: Lot L
- Lot N: Gate 6
- Lot Q: Gate 6 (Lot Q shuttles drop off in Lot N)
- Lot R: Grand Plaza (Lots R/S direct shuttle picks up from Lot B slip)
- Lot S: Grand Plaza (Lots R/S direct shuttle picks up from Lot B slip)
- Lot T: Turn 1
To request courtesy cart assistance, please alert a nearby staff member or text “COTA” to 69050 followed by the message. Carts may routinely visit shuttle stop tents; however, they will only transport to their assigned, adjacent lots.
TAXIS & OFF-SITE SHUTTLES
Taxis, rideshares, and COTA off-site shuttles drop off at our McAngus lot, which is .75 miles from the Grand Plaza gates. They access points are connected by a paved path and accessible by walking or taking the small tram that runs uniquely between the sites. Wheeled device loading is available upon request.
INTERNAL SHUTTLE ROUTE
Circuit of the Americas boasts accessible shuttles and on-site transportation system. CapMetro busses run in a clockwise direction stopping at Main Grandstand, Grand Plaza, Tunnel 2, Lot L, Gate 6, and Turn 1. Busses are able to crawl for loading upon request. Transportation ambassadors are present at all stops to help answer questions or contact a courtesy cart to take you to your parking spot.
Shuttles begin 30 minutes prior to the gate open time and end one hour after the event concludes. Golf carts, recreational scooters, and other unauthorized motor vehicles are strictly prohibited inside Circuit of the Americas’ gates.
Please note that Friday crawling shuttle availability will be reduced.
SUPER STAGE ACCESSIBILITY
We are excited to invite all USGP guests to the Festival Lawn for Saturday and Sunday musical performances at the Super Stage. This is a large, grassy hill that has a clear view of the stage directly or through jumbotrons. The lawn is accessible from the crossover and Turn 9 load-in points.
Reserved seating or Standing-Room-Only (SRO) upgrades are available for purchase for both Saturday and Sunday online at Ticketmaster's websiteor via telephone at 512-301-6600, ext. 0.
For deaf or hard-of-hearing guests, visit a Guest Services location or check out the map for best routes to access the venue’s house left viewing area for ASL interpretation.
For guests using wheeled devices that cannot easily traverse grass, visit a Guest Services location for best routes to access the Super Stage concerts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is permitted on the ADA platforms?
Only guests with designated tickets will be permitted on the ADA platforms at Grandstands 9, 12, and 15. If you do not have a ticket for the designated platform, you will be removed from the reserved area.
Where is parking for guests with ADA placards?
There is ADA parking in all of our cash lots. If those spaces are filled, you can request a courtesy cart to our nearest accessible transportation point or gate at 512-655-6217 or by speaking to a COTA staff member. To guarantee accessible parking, call 512-301-6600, ext. 0, to purchase parking before the weekend.
I require accessibility assistance or am disabled. How do I request assistance to my entry gate?
Speak to a nearby staff member or text the general help line by texting “COTA” to 69050 followed by your request. Let us know where you’re trying to go and we’ll provide accessible route information from point A to point B. Our shuttles are all accessible, and they will bring you to all of the main points around the circuit. Your route will likely be a combination of courtesy cart, shuttle, and walking.
How can I upgrade my ticket for the concert on Saturday and/or Sunday?
All race day ticketholders are welcome to enjoy our Super Stage performances from our festival lawn. If you would like to get closer, Super Stage ticket upgrades are available here (where?), or if available, at box offices or the upgrade tent in the Grand Plaza.
How can I upgrade my ticket to grandstand seating?
If you’d like to upgrade an already purchased ticket, give a service representative a call at 512-301-6600, ext. 0. If you’re onsite, upgrades are available at box offices or the upgrade tent in the Grand Plaza.
I’m parking at COTA. What address do I type into GPS to find my lot?
We recommend using the GPS app “Waze” for most accurate and updated routes. Just type “COTA Lot (Lot Letter)” into the Waze search bar, e.g., COTA Lot Q.
How early can we arrive?
Check the daily schedule on the COTA App to see when parking lots and gates open. It’s usually around 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM respectively. See you soon!
What time do I arrive for Bruno Mars and/or Britney Spears?
Check the daily schedule on the COTA app to see when parking lots and gates open. It’s usually around 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM respectively. We have a lot of events going on around the venue, and the F1 US qualifying and/or grand prix on the track. Come and check it out! At the latest, we recommend arriving by 5:00 PM to get to the concert area on time for the big acts.
I’m leaving the venue from Gate 1, on crutches, and need a ride to my car in Lot F. Could I please get a ride?
Hop onto our CapMetro shuttle just outside of Gate 1; it will take you to the Grand Plaza. From here, a courtesy cart can bring you to your car in Lot F. If one isn’t immediately available, notify the attendant at the Grand Plaza shuttle stop. They will contact one for you.
What’s the best way to get to the concert’s “Premium Upgrade” area from the Grand Plaza?
We recommend staying inside the venue. Walk from the Grand Plaza towards Turn 12 and Tunnel 2. Turn right into the tunnel and take your first left to the crossover. Follow the overhead sign that reads “PREMIUM UPGRADE ENTRY”. Have your upgraded ticket ready to be checked!
What’s the best way to get to the concert’s “Premium Upgrade” area from the Turn 1?
We always recommend walking: Walk toward the Turn 3 pedestrian bridge and cross over the track toward Tunnel Road. Turn right onto Tunnel Road to walk toward the crossover (toward Tunnel 2). Turn right into the crossover; it’s the entry just before the tunnel. Follow the overhead sign that reads “PREMIUM UPGRADE ENTRY”. Have your upgraded ticket ready to be checked!
Where do I pick up my Premium Hospitality passes?
Your premium passes should have been mailed to you directly unless otherwise specified. If they haven’t been mailed to you, call your sales rep to check in.
Is there a designated area for pumping or breast feeding?
We have several family restrooms that are private and have electrical plug ins for pumping and privacy. Areas for breast feeding are where you and your child feel most comfortable.
What time does the concert start?
Concert start times vary, but we suggest arriving to the venue by 5:00 PM and getting comfortable.
What time does the line for the concert start forming?
It depends! The concert gates will open around 5:30 PM, but we will be open for lines to form all day.
Where can I pick up or drop off someone for the event?
All rideshare, taxis, and friends doing someone a favor can drop off and pick up guests at McAngus lot. Avoid COTA Boulevard as there is no location to safely drop off or pick up.
Will they stream the concert around the track or in my hospitality space?
No they will not. Access the concert area via Tunnel Road to get to the great views!
I have a GA pass, which grandstand can I sit in?
None of our grandstands are available to GA tickets; however, there are great viewing spots at Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3, Turn 7, Turn 11, Turn 16, and Turns 18-19.